Nelson Mandela who is the legendary leader of South Africa died on December 5 2013. Thousands of people from the United States, England, Western and Arabic countries which are Under the influence of English Culture are commemorating him today. It is declared few days of mourning and the flags lowered to half-mast in many countries. Nearly all of the World leaders are in Johannesburg today. But in Turkiye, all of the people are generally ignorant of this fact. There is only one person who condoled for Mandela: Abdullah Ocalan, the leader of the terrorist organization, PKK.
Let’s explain, If you ask that how they know each other.
South Africa was an important colony of the Western after 1650’s. France, Germany and The United Kingdom fought for rich gold and diamond deposits and underground resources of South Africa for years. After 1800’s, The British dominated the country and South Africa was started to be administrated by the British governors.
After the World War II, The United Kingdom which had to abandon its position in the Middle East and Asia further increased its pressure on its colonies of Africa. The British Racist Management which started after 1948 in South Africa went down in history as Apartheid Era.
- For hundreds of years, whites were the master and African people were slaves in the proper sense.
- The Pro-British government divided South Africa into a number of separate states, each of which was for a different ethnic group.
- The population was classified into four groups: Black, White, Indian, and Colored.
- Marriage between whites and people of other races was prohibited.
- During the 1960s, 1970s and early 1980s, with the policy of ‘resettlement’, the people was forced to move to their designated “group areas”. Millions of people were forced to relocate for this reason.
- African people had no many legal rights, no access to education and no right to own property.
- Even, Television was not introduced to the country until 1976 because English programs were considered as threat to the Afrikaans’s language.
- Every year, 500 thousand women were assaulted and there have been 6 million suffering from AIDS.
- By the 1980s, Israel was the only close ally of South Africa amongst other developed countries.
- This issue is seen a Christian-nationalism with its western ideology of Apartheid by today’s researches.
- After graduating from the faculty of law in1942, Nelson Mandela started to struggle against the racist government. After 1960s he established armed forces which were connected to the African National Congress. Then he was arrested in 1962 and sentenced to life imprisonment.
A new era started in the world in 1990’s. The Soviet Union collapsed and Germany reunited again. “Apartheid cannot be reformed, but it can be destroyed” Swedish Prime Minister Olaf Palme said. The United Kingdom which saw that it would lose South Africa adopted a new policy. In 1990, Nelson Mandela was released unconditionally by President Klerk. After a few years, democratic elections were established and the management were shared with African people. Mandela was declared Peace Hero.
These days, Obama is speaking on television about Mandela who has featured in the terrorist list of the United states until 2008. The western countries are crying crocodile tears today. Rod Liddle who is the author of Spectator says that: “But for Christ’s sake BBC, give it a bloody break for five minutes, will you? It’s as if the poor bugger now has to bear your entire self-flagellating white post-colonial bien pensant guilt; look!”
Although Mandela regretted later but he had refused the international Ataturk Award which was given to him in 1990. Whereas Ataturk has not only changed Turkish people’s fate but also the fate of all Islamic countries and colonies.
At that time, it is said that Mandela refused this award for the sake of Kurds. Therefore we have to say them that:
There was no Racism in Turkish History. We did not mix into religion or language of anyone. We did not trade on riches of the areas where we managed. We did not do savagery as it was done against South Africans, Native Americans or the Blacks. Therefore, we are against separatism and also separatists. Do not they consider us like themselves. Do not the infanticides try to imitate Mandela.