The establishing of the Islamic State of Iraq and Levant or Syria (ISIS or ISIL) DAESH dates back to 2009, when the United States actually started to withdraw from Iraq and Obama came to power. As it is known, after the United States invaded Iraq in 2003, more than 4.500 American soldiers and 100 thousand Iraqis have lost their lives in this war so far.
In this occupation phase, both former soldiers who were pro Saddam and Baath and Al Qaeda linked Islamic groups were supported by the Russian Secret Service(SVR) and they showed a great resistance against the United States Army. While the USA was trying to break this opposition, it was indirectly forced to strengthen the Iraqi Shiite Government. Interestingly enough, Iraqi Shiite Government was also under the domination of Russia. Naturally, when the United States retreated from Iraq, all these region –with Syrian Nusayri Government– would be in the field of activity of Russia and Iran. Indeed, it was so.
While the Obama administration was making plans to withdraw from the region, it developed new strategies that will serve the interests of the USA. The most important strategy of them was the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Organization which was a joint project of the intelligence services of the United Kingdom, Israel, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
The main objectives of the project are below:
- They would prevent Hezbollah and Iran’s influence in the region with the conflicts between Sunni and Shiite Islamists . By this way, both the local friends and opposing forces would take the place of USA army which was retreated.
- The United States and its allies would be able to maintain their military presence in the region, get legal legitimacy their military interventions and control the redrawing of the New Middle East’s borders.
- Sunni Islamism was the only force to stop Iran’s Shiite influence in the region, but a part of Sunni Islamists was pro-Muslim Brotherhood and the other part of them was pro-Al Qaeda under the control of SVR. Both were very dangerous in terms of Israel’s security strategy. For this reason, it was necessary to establish a new threat for best interests of the United States and allies.
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State Organization had been chosen during this period. Baghdadi was taken under supervision in Bucca Camp where all the al-Qaeda militants arrested after the invasion of Iraq were resided in this camp. Baghdadi who has a doctorate from Baghdad Islamic University, was an important person in this camp in which about 24,000 people were located in 24 separate sections. Pentagon had diagnosed Baghdadi in private facilities. The Prisoners couldn’t pass from a department to another but he could go everywhere. A number of the militants were al-Qaeda militants obeyed Abu Musab Al Zarkawi, the leader of Iraqi Al Qaeda.
- When Al Zarkawi was killed by a US operation in June 7, 2006, Abu Omar had been chosen in his stead. Some of the al-Qaeda fans gathered around Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, in this period.
- Baghdadi was removed from Bucca Camp in 2009 and was taken to the training camp of Pentagon in Jordan. Later, US National Security Agency agent Edward Snowden had explained that the British and American intelligence and the Mossad worked together to create the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Snowden said intelligence services of three countries had created a terrorist organization that was able to attract all extremists of the world to one place, using a strategy called “the hornet’s nest”. NSA documents refer to recent implementation of the hornet’s nest to protect the Zionist entity by creating religious and Islamic slogans. According to the documents released by Snowden, “The only solution for the protection of the Jewish state “is to create an enemy near its borders”. Leaks revealed that ISIS leader and cleric Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi took intensive military training for a whole year in the hands of Mossad, besides courses in theology and the art of speech...”
- His training process which was talked by Snowden, lasted over a year. Zarqawi’s successor Abu Omar killed in April 2010 by a US operation. It was smoothed Baghdadi‘s way in the Iraqi al-Qaeda community and in Iraq also. Baghdadi was declared the Emir of the Islamic State of Iraq in May 16, 2010.
- Current Radical Islamic Threat had to be the dissolution to set up a new global radical Islamic threat like al-Qaeda. Al Qaeda Leader Osama bin Laden was already under surveillance in a big house in the Abdoabad City where Pakistan Military Academy and the Military Intelligence Services located. The Obama Administration has decided to eliminate Osama bin Laden completely to create a new Islamist Leader in their control. In May 2, 2011, it was announced that Laden was killed by the US operation and his body was thrown into the sea. After Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri took over the leadership of al-Qaeda. We believe that Zawahiri still lives in SVR security area.
- Pentagon also had established close relations with the Syrian Military Intelligence Service within the framework ISIS Project which has been accelerated since 2009. The United States and Israel had begun to worry about the strength of the Sunni Islamist Opposition Groups in Syria and had changed their strategies in the direction of holding the Assad Management in power. General Hussein Ali Kemal, Syrian intelligence officer, ordered personally all kinds of organizations to strengthen Syrian ISIS Organization at his headquarter in Zabadani. (He died from cancer in 2012). According to sources, a very important part of the foreign Jihadist militants who attended to ISIS, had used the Damascus Airport and Lebanon – Damascus Highway between 2009 and 2012. During this period, participants from Turkey and Iraq were quite a little. All al-Qaeda militants in the Syrian prisons were released by the Assad Regime to attend Syrian ISIS Organization.
- On December 15, 2011, Iraq Operation was officially terminated by the United States and the US flag lowered in Baghdad. The US had withdrawn all its troops from Iraq by the end of 2011. Republicans and the Israel Lobby strongly opposed to the withdrawal decision.
- In February 2012, the US and Britain closed their embassies in Damascus and Syrian civil war started officially. The Group of Friends of the Syrian People was established with the support of Turkey and Syrian Opposition was recovered. The power of Iraqi Shiite Government and Iran had increased so unpredictable in both Iraq and the region. Iran had begun military shipments to Syria and Lebanese Hezbollah. During those years, Sunni and Shiite tensions began to climb in Iraq. The bomb vehicles were exploded in Sunni and Shiite towns and religious sites.
- In March 2013, Syrian ISIS militants completely settled in Rakka city which had the largest dam in the country’s most strategic place. This city was the last castle that they would introduced as the main administrative center and leaved to pro-coalition groups in the future when the time comes.
- In May 2013, Israel lobby mouthpiece John McCain went secretly to Syria and met with Syrian opposition groups in Idlib. It were recorded that there was Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi (The Samaritan Ibrahim Al Badri) with Mc Cain in some pictures published after meetings.
- In July 21, 2013, nearly a thousand militants of the Al-Qaeda escaped from Iraqi prison shaking their hands. All these militants obeyed Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi with whom they were together in Bucca Camp and attended to the Islamic State Organization.
- In June 7, 2014 (on the anniversary of the death of Zarqawi) only 1500 ISIS militants, led by Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi entered Mosul. The Iraqi Army, approximately 50,000 people had left the city, leaving their weapons.
- In February 2015, According to the reports in the press, Al Hakim Al Zemili, The President of the Security and Defense parliamentary committee of Iraq, said that “Iraqi security forces have shot down two British planes carrying weapons for ISIS in Anbar province. We expect an explanation from London.” He pointed “Coalition aircrafts often drop weapons in the regions dominated by ISIS.”
- Now Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi and the Daesh Terrorist Organization (ISIS) had become a justification to create the imperialist domination of the United States and allies. The Washington Post and Le Monde defined Baghdadi as “The World’s Most Powerful Jihadist Leader” and “New Osama Bin Laden”.
- The other advantage, which was overlooked, of ISIS Project was that the latest US weapons donated to Iraq Army were not left to the Shiite Government.
- The last confession about the ISIS was from US ex-intel chief in an interview at Al Jazeera television 4 August 2015. Former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Michael Flynn said that Rise Of ISIS Was A “Willful Decision” Of US Government.
When all these informations are taken into consideration, we can clearly say that;
ISIS is a Radical Sunni Islamist Project which was established by the United States and allies, against Iran’s expansionism in the region. Thusly, Former NATO Commander General Wesley Clark said that “ISIS was created and funded to destroy Hezbollah by our “closest allies” in an interview with CNN. Clark and a group of members of the Senate have been strongly opposing to the US aggressive foreign policy, the reshaping the Middle East, the wars in Libya and Syria and the US foreign policy was carried out through radical Islamist ideology.
- ISIS is tasked to prevent Iran’s influence in the Middle East, to stop Sunni Islamist Groups like Al Nusra Front and Ahrar Es Sham in Syria and to permanent the Assad Management in Damascus. The other most important task of ISIS is to help the expansion of Kurdish groups in Iraq and Syria in the framework of the United States in the region. Kurdistan borders in Iraq and Syria expanded by 90% compared to the last year. According to Human Rights Watch, “Iraqi Kurdish forces have confined thousands of Arabs in “security zones” in areas of northern Iraq that they have captured since August 2014 from the extremist group Islamic State, also known as ISIS. Kurdish forces for months barred Arabs displaced by fighting from returning to their homes in portions of some provinces, while permitting Kurds to return to those areas and even to move into homes of Arabs who fled.”
- The Main Control Center of ISIS is located in military camps in Eastern Jordan, Mafrak. There have been the Special Forces, trainers and fighters from the United States, England, Israel, France, Saudi Arabiaand Arab Gulf countries in this camps.
- Nearly 80% of foreign militants of ISIS are from the North Caucasus and the Middle Volga region. Hence, “The Islamic State, the terror army trained by the United States in Jordan, is attempting to destabilize the former republics of the Soviet Union,” according to Alexander Bortnikov, the director of the Russian Federal Security Service. In fact, intelligence officers who are Caucasian origin, from MI6 and GID (The Jordanian General Intelligence Department) hit the jackpot about the rally of important militants.
- In the future, Daesh Project which is the Salafi Project, London based, as a matter of fact, will spread from the Middle East to the Middle Asia where there are important energy resources and to the Central African countries where there are new strategic natural resources, like hydrocarbons.
Al Baghdadi, The leader of Daesh Terrorist Organization was killed in the air attacks of Russia to Raqqa in June 10, 2017.